korramakos asked: what are your top 10 makorra moments? ~(˘▾˘)~
Thanks for asking! :) I apologize in advance for how long this post is… :P
10. When Mako and Korra unknowingly stare out across the water at each other in Book 1. I realize it isn’t a literal Makorra moment, but this was when they officially became my OTP. To be honest, I shipped them as soon as I saw the concept art—I just felt like they were obviously going to be the ones paired together—but then this moment happened and it was like, YEP OTP YEP.
9. Cotton Candy Moment. I mean, it’s just ridiculously cute.
8. Anytime Mako and Korra fight together. I couldn’t decide on a specific moment, but I’m always really impressed with how they are depicted when fighting against something together. They just seem to know what to do, how to play off each other’s attacks. BATTLE COUPLE BATTLE COUPLE BATTLE COUPLE.
7. The Park Scene. I love the entire search for Bolin, but the moment in the park is a favorite of mine. I think it’s incredibly telling that Mako, someone who (up until this episode) has seemed guarded and reluctant to accept Korra’s friendship, is comfortable enough to share his past with her and let himself fall asleep next to her. And that little moment on his face when he’s looking over at her and looks significantly less freaked out than Korra and he’s like “whoa who is this girl” like his feelings are just starting to dawn on him? Gah. OTP. OH MA FEELS.
6. SPINNING HUG #2 AND “YOU NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME” AND “IT’S HARDER BEING THE AVATAR’S BOYFRIEND”. UGH CUTIES.
5. The conversation and hand-holding scene in Book 2. I love how this moment, and everything leading up to it, conveys the struggles that come along with being in a relationship. They’re facing something new together and neither quite knows how to handle everything, but they’re trying to love and support one another even though it’s complicated and confusing. It’s just an incredibly accurate portrayal of relationships and I love it.
4. The confession/kiss at the pro-bending arena. Ok, so I have a thing for impulsive actions and imperfect characters. I’m a fan of when characters act without thinking things through completely and the mess they get themselves in (side note-this is why I can completely understand why Asami kisses Mako in “The Sting” [impulsive, emotional response] and the second Masami kiss [both are lonely and damn attractive], even if it pains me that it’s messing with my OTP). So, I pretty much died when Mako’s trying to express how he’s torn between his feelings for the two of them and Korra just goes in for the kiss like the bamf she is and Mako kisses her back. And hot damn, that animation was fantastic. Oh, my perfectly imperfect, babies, iluvyou. <3
3. Mako holds Korra’s hand while she’s recovering. It’s absolutely one of my favorite moments for Mako as a character because it’s such an honest, vulnerable action on his part (I’ll try to explain why I love this so much and I hope it’s moderately coherent, haha). They’re completely alone, she’s unconscious—there isn’t anything or anyone influencing how he acts around her. When Mako moves to take her hand in his, she’s still asleep and, while holding someone’s hand is definitely a way to comfort someone, there’s a chance she’s hardly even aware of his presence beside her. So, to me, it seems like the decision to hold her hand is more for himself than for her and for some reason I just love it.
2. The entire fight scene with Amon, the mutual “I love you”s, and the final kiss. Yes, I know I’m cheating by lumping all of these moments together, but that ending is so flawless that I’m just counting it as one big, awesome Makorra moment. I already mentioned I love BATTLE COUPLE MAKORRA so there’s that. The fight also conveys just how intese their feelings for one another are—Mako breaks free of Amon’s blood-bending, Korra finally airbends—and my shipper heart stops beating. And THEN we get Mako’s declaration of love and SPINNING HUG #1 and the big Makorra kiss and I cry. The end.
1. When Mako rushes to help Korra after she’s been missing. Why is this moment #1 for me? Because it’s so ridiculously impulsive and raw on Mako’s part and depicts just how much he loves her. Mako’s been avoiding/denying his feelings for Korra while pursuing his relationship with Asami, but when he pushes everyone else aside to get to her, you know everything has come to the surface. He isn’t thinking of the consequences of his actions or how he might be hurting the people around him when he behaves this way; he’s just focused on Korra. And Korra, despite having set aside her feelings for Mako because she knows Asami needs him, lets herself have this moment with him, lets him carry her, lets him stroke her hair, because she’s just gone through hell and she loves him. It’s such a tender moment between them and it will probably always be my favorite.
And now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go ugly cry over the fact they’re broken up. T.T